Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cold Feet At Night? This Mega Hotel Chain Is Offering "Human Bed Warmers" (Yikes!)

File this one under "bizarre, strange, and a teensy bit scary." A mega hotel chain has just offered a new service option to please its (chilly) guests. Feeling cold? Just call the concierge and he'll send someone up to, um, lie in your bed to warm it up. Tell me I'm not alone in thinking that this is the craziest thing I've heard in a while ...


It's true. According to reports, The Holiday Inn has added an unusual new service to a few of its hotels in England (sorry gals, this hasn't caught on here at home yet). If a hotel guest is feeling cold, a specially trained hotel staff member, in a "zippered fleece suit," will rush right up and lie in the guest's bed until it's adequately warmed up.


"The new Holiday Inn bed warmers service is a bit like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed," Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall said in a statement.


As much as I like my personal hot water bottle--my husband--I just don't think I'd go for a stranger warming up my sheets, thankyouverymuch. I wonder who would actually go for this service?


How about you? Would you actually want someone--a stranger--to warm up your bed for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment